Turntables were introduced in 1950s, and they come in different colors, sizes, different models hence varying prices. The ever advancing technology has introduced a USB turntable, which is a record player possessing USB capabilities. It is important for you to know that USB turntable has an array of benefits that include: USB turntable enables you to store and play your record collection from a USB device which is a tiny device. The ever evolving device is becoming smaller with a larger storage capacity; they clean up your record’s sound, as it allow you to digitize records with pops or clicks using software, hence removing the noise; change the vinyl LP’s into the various formats e.g. MP3s and It allows you to have a backup of your records incase your records are damaged or stolen after your have digitized them. Let’s take a look at some of the best USB turntables available.
Best USB Turntables
- It offers you both tone and pitch adjustment, which is hardly attained on MP3 turntables.
- Excellent sound quality for the price.
- Simple to use.
- USB turntable records can be easily converted into MP3.
- Its in-built speakers are not loud enough for large rooms and parties, but only for personal listening.
- It lacks a three mil stylus for 78rpm records, hence you are requires to separately purchase it.
This design’s features:
- 3-speed stereo which is belt driven system that supports- 45, 33 and 78 rpm
- Auxiliary jack used in connecting your MP3, iPod, USB, PC or any digital gadget that is compatible.
- Ability to directly encode MP3 and it has a USB cable that you can use in connecting your computer too.
- Allows you to adjust volume, record speed and system’s tone; for output it uses RCA jack and it has power level indicator.
- Good sound by virtue of the stereo speakers that supports the stereo headphone jack. It also has a dust cover and auto stop switch.
There are many similar, small and less pricey record player designs for sale, but this very model has adjustable tone and pitch. It is small, that the LP sticks out when playing. The sound is OK when you consider the inbuilt speakers’ sizes; it can be good for personal listening but not parties. You can purchase the 3 mil separately so as to play 78 rpm records. The stylus is rigid to remove often from cartridge. The USB output, headphone jack and RCA line are all working as they should.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive record player under $100, JTA-230 is definitely worth checking out.
Audio Technica AT-LP60USB
- Easy to use
- Excellent sound system
- It lacks anti-skating control
- Counter-weighted tone arm is absent
This turntable model has the following features:
- USB output; with no specific drivers needed for connecting PC directly
- Compatible to Mac and PC
- Fully automated operations which make sure your LPs stays scratch free.
- 2-speed belts -45 and 33 1/3 rpm
- In-built switchable stereo line/phono pre-amplified level. This enables you to turntables of stereo systems having magnetic / phono inputs.
- Stereo adapter cable (mini-plug); dual RCA; recording sosftware
You can rediscover your classic 45 and 33 1/3 rpm records here in this 2 belt-driven, fully automated workhouse. It has inbuilt switchable phono pre-amplifier. This model maybe directly connected to your home stereo, computer and other components lacking dedicated turntable input. AT-LP60USB has an inbuilt cartridge with stylus that’s replaceable. This model is very popular due its qualities. It has excellent sound and is easy to use. Also, it’s one of the best turntables under $200 out there.
- Strong high-torque drive-direct turntable motor
- Good extra features (forward/reverse play, extra head shells slots, and pitch range 20% or 10%)
- USB port that allows conversion from vinyl to digital
- Excellent price for quality
- Its RCA cables are permanently attached
- Mostly made from plastic
- Extreme scratching situations slows down motor
AT-LP120-USB has these features:
- In-built stereo phono preamplifier which is selectable and USB which you can connect to either Windows or Mac computer.
- High-torque motor, direct- drive, includes head-shell and professional cartridge.
- Has 3 selectable speeds- 78, 45, and 33-1/3; pitch adjustments:- +/-20 or +/-10 percent; controlled pitch lock of high accuracy quartz
- It has a USB cable, audacy software compatible to PC and Mac
- RCA output cables
- Switchable inbuilt preamplifier
This turntable model has a high-torque drive direct motor to quicken start-ups and also allows you to connect it to your computer directly through its USB output. It has 3 speeds 78/45/33; reverse/forward play; stop/start button and adjustment ranges +/-20 or +/-10. The selectable integrated stereo preamp enables this model to directly plugging to components with zero dedicated turntable input. Audacity software that converts your vinyl records into audio files is included.
All in all, AT-LP120-USB is one of the best turntables out there available for under $300.
There are always many turntables to choose from and the USB turntables are always a great choice to consider, more so if you like listening to scratch free records and sharing your records with friends. You will have plenty of records in a small gadget for convenience. Needless to say, these are the best USB turntables.
(Featured photo credit: http://negativespace.co/photos/keyboard-and-light-rays/)